- Project included modernization of existing electric arc furnace
- Primetals Technologies supplied a new twin ladle furnace and new material handling system
- Overall plant capacity to increase substantially
- Comprehensive plant optimization thanks to a high degree of automation and the use of robotic systems
- Robotic systems to further improve occupational safety
Primetals Technologies has received the final acceptance certificate (FAC) from Gerdau Special Steel North America for the modernization of its electric steel plant in Monroe, Michigan, U.S.A. The project included modernizing the existing electric arc furnace (EAF). The electric steel plant was also equipped with a new twin ladle furnace, a new material handling system, and related auxiliary equipment.